For the Cake:
1 1/2 Cups sugar
2 Sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1/2 Cup buttermilk
2 Cups all purpose flour
2 Teaspoons baking powder
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
5-6 Chocolate hazelnut candies, chopped
For the Glaze:
1/4 Cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
2-3 Chocolate hazelnut candies, chopped
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Add the flour mixture into the wet batter and mix. Fold in the candy pieces.
Butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan and pour in the batter. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 55 - 60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool thoroughly before removing from the pan.
To make the glaze, stir together the Nutella, powdered sugar and milk. When the cake has cooled and been removed from the pan, pour the glaze over the cake and sprinkle on the candies. Makes approximately 10 servings.
Want to join us and be part of Bundt-a-Month?
- Bake us a bundt using your favorite candy and post it before October 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtAMonth hashtag in your title
- Add your entry to the linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
- Link to BundtaMonth on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BundtaMonth
- Link to BundtaMonth on Pinterest at https://pinterest.com/bakerstreet/bundtamonth/
Please visit the other participating bloggers to see their amazing fancy bundt creations: