What is it about bundts? For me, the fun of this type of pan is the swirl you can make inside the cake. So when the founders of our monthly bundt group, Anuradha of Baker Street and Lora of Cake Duchess, decided that our June theme would be swirly bundts, I was all in. I've swirled before, even when it wasn't part of our challenge, but Murphy's Law stepped in this time. My first attempt was a complete, although tasty, failure but I'll tell you about that another time. Today let's focus on the success and complete peanut buttery deliciousness of this properly swirled cake.
2 Cups all purpose flour, divided
2 Teaspoons baking powder, divided
1 Teaspoon baking soda, divided
1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 Cups sugar
2 Sticks unsalted butter
3/4 Cup water
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup peanut butter
In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and eggs. Add the butter and continue beating. Add the water, vanilla and salt. Divide the mixture evenly into two bowls.
Add the peanut butter to one bowl, beat until smooth and fold in the first bowl of flour, baking powder and baking soda.
To the second bowl, fold in the flour mixture with the cocoa powder.
Butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. Add half the peanut butter batter to the pan, followed by half the chocolate batter, followed by the second half of the peanut butter batter and topped off with the final half of the chocolate batter. Using a butter knife, gently swirl the batters together but do not over mix. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool very well before removing from the pan. Makes approximately 10 servings.
Want to join us and be part of Bundt-a-Month?
- Use the #BundtAMonth hashtag in your title
- Add your entry to the linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
- Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BundtaMonth where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board at https://pinterest.com/bakerstreet/bundtamonth/ for inspiration.
- Link to BundtaMonth on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BundtaMonth
- Link to BundtaMonth on Pinterest at https://pinterest.com/bakerstreet/bundtamonth/
Please visit the other participating bloggers to see their amazing swirl bundt creations:
- Apple Swirl Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Praline Pecan Swirl Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
- Cinnamon Pecan Swirl with Cinnamon Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Swirl Bundt by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Matcha Swirl by Kim from Ninja Baking
- Double Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Lemon Raspberry Swirl Bundt Cake by Carrie at Poet In The Pantry
- Lemon Basil Blueberry Swirl Bundt Cake by Kate at Food Babbles
- Nutella Swirl Bundt by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Nutella Swirl Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Orange Creamsicle Bundt by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Strawberry Nutella Swirl Mini Bundts by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Bundt by Sandra at The Sweet Sensations
- The Spiced Life Espresso Swirled Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Vanilla Cherry Swirl Mini Bundt Cakes by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Zebra Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands