I've made quite a few batches of chocolate mug cakes lately, and have been forced to taste them all in the name of research. I do this for all of you, of course. Because I want to make sure that I give you a recipe for the fluffiest cake with just the right amount of everything. It's a tough job.
I wanted to make sure the recipe made enough batter to have a decent sized dessert; that it wasn't too sweet or too salty, had enough moisture despite being cooked in the microwave and the perfect amount of chocolate flavor. Done!
I tried just burying a glob of peanut butter in the center for a molten effect but I think it gets lost. By making a glaze and drizzling it over the cooked mug cake, you get a hit of pb with every bite of chocolate. And I'm certainly not going to tell you not to go ahead and plop a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. You do you. I could argue that it's dangerous to know how to make warm, gooey chocolate cake in 5 minutes when you have a midnight craving. So you might want to pretend you didn't see this. But where's the fun in that? Enjoy!
Yield: 1 Serving
Chocolate Mug Cake with Peanut Butter Sauce
Prep time: 7 MCook time: 1 MTotal time: 8 M
Recipe for a single serving chocolate cake, cooked in a microwave, and topped with a peanut butter glaze.
- For the Mug Cake:
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup milk
- For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- Stir together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a microwave safe mug. Whisk in the melted butter and milk.
- Microwave for 50 to 60 seconds depending on your microwave and how gooey you want it in the center.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cooked mug cake.
Created using The Recipes Generator
I never really believed this could be done, but here it is! And good ingredients! I was worried it was going to be a cake mix or something..... Love the peanut butter on top!ReplyDelete