The other day I had the pleasure of being invited to speak about current foodie topics during an Instagram happy hour chat with Michal from Seasoned Moments. She asked that I give her a cocktail idea that she could make for our conversation and I suggested this bourbon fizz.
I'm always inspired by fresh fruit and the ripe apricots were calling my name at the grocery store. I bought a big bunch, some for muddling into a cocktail, the rest for eating out of hand. A pie wouldn't be a bad idea either but I'd need to go get more. I added lime zest to the sugared rim for a delicious sweet and sour taste and matched the apricots with bourbon, a touch of elderflower liqueur and more lime and sugar. Add as much or as little soda as you like for a refreshing summer sipper. Cheers!
Click here if you'd like to hear me ramble on about my background and other foodie things, and check out Michal's other interviews as well. She and I didn't manage to solve any of the world's problems but we did agree that cocktails and butter are good things. 😄
Yield: 2 Servings
Fresh Apricot Bourbon Fizz
Prep time: 10 MCook time: Total time: 10 M
Recipe for a bourbon cocktail with fresh muddled apricots, lime juice and elderflower liqueur.
- For the Rim:
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons coarse sugar
- Simple syrup
- For the Cocktail:
- 4 Fresh apricots, pitted
- 3 oz. Bourbon
- 1 oz. Lime juice
- 1 oz. Simple syrup
- 1/2 oz. Elderflower liqueur
- Sparkling wine or club soda
- Combine the lime zest and coarse sugar in a shallow bowl. Brush the edges of two cocktail glasses with simple syrup and dip into the lime sugar. Fill with ice and set aside.
- Add the apricots to a mixing glass along with the bourbon, lime juice, simple syrup and elderflower liqueur. Muddle well, add ice and stir until very cold.
- Strain into the prepared glasses and top with the sparkling wine or club soda.
Created using The Recipes Generator
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear from you!