None of this pumpkin spice stuff either. There's no pumpkin in pumpkin spice, people! There, I've said it. Pumpkin spice is a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove and allspice. The same ingredients I put in gingerbread, as a matter of fact. But no actual pumpkin. I want pumpkin.
This drink has actual pumpkin puree in it along with a hit of cinnamon and the combination is so delicious. Not quite pumpkin pie but definitely something creamy and delicious and warming and seasonal. You can serve this all throughout autumn but fun creepy glasses make it perfect for Halloween. Cheers!
White Pumpkin Cocktail
- 4 oz. Bourbon
- 1 oz. Unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 oz. Kahlua
- 1 oz. Simple syrup
- 6 oz. Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon coarse sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Combine the coarse sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Wet the edges of two cocktail glasses with a bit of the milk and dip into the sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Add the bourbon, unsweetened pumpkin puree, Kahlua or other coffee liqueur, simple syrup and milk to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice, shake well and pour into the prepared cocktail glasses. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.