Although you'll probably find these packaged as champagne grapes, they're actually seedless Zante currants and they're in season in mid to late summer.
Yield: 10 Servings
Champagne Grape Loaf Cake
Prep time: 20 MCook time: 55 MTotal time: 75 M
Recipe for a loaf cake baked with champagne grapes and topped with a lemon glaze.
For the Cake:
- 1 Stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup plain full fat Greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup champagne grapes
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, one at a time and continue beating. Add in the yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add a teaspoon of the mixture to the grapes and toss to coat. This will help prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and then fold in the grapes. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, lemon juice and salt until smooth and pour over the cooled cake. Decorate with additional champagne grapes, if desired.
Created using The Recipes Generator