I've always enjoyed a cool, refreshing mojito in hot weather. It's icy and minty and not too strong. Despite the 2 ounces of rum, it's topped off with club soda which makes a great slow sipper. Can't you just picture a tray of them on the porch in summer?
The truth is that I sometimes forget how much I like them until I'm reminded by something. Sometimes all it takes is a gorgeous bunch of fresh mint at the market but I was recently looking at photos of my aunt and uncle's vacation and there were the mojitos. My aunt is normally only a wine drinker but she can't resist the minty freshness of a mojito. And there was my reminder.
The classic drink itself is simple but lends itself well to all kinds of fruit flavor additions. Mango mojitos are normally my favorite (big mango lover here) but honeydew melon was a great match. I muddled some into the drink and then served it with fun, and eventually boozy, melon balls. Cheers!
Yield: 2 Servings
Honeydew Melon Mojitos
Prep time: 7 MCook time: Total time: 7 M
Recipe for a rum cocktail flavored with mint and honeydew melon.
- 4 oz. Rum
- 1 oz. Lime juice
- 1 oz. Simple syrup
- 1/2 oz. Melon liqueur (such as Midori)
- 6 Sprigs fresh mint
- 2" Chunk of honeydew melon
- 8 oz. Club soda
- Add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, melon liqueur, mint and honeydew to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the mint and melon using a muddler or a wooden spoon.
- Fill with ice, shake well and pour into two cocktail glasses filled with ice.
- Add 4 oz. of club soda to each glass and garnish with a sprig of mint, a slice of lime and some melon balls, if desired.
Created using The Recipes Generator