This recipe got started recently as I was staring at the menu of one of my favorite local dives and trying to decide between nachos and Cobb salad. Normally this is an easy decision for me since Cobb salad is one of my favorites. But I had Cinco de Mayo nachos on the brain.
Back home after the meal (I chose the salad), I was still thinking about the choice and wondering why the two dishes couldn't be combined. Well, of course they can. And it's always fun to come up with new ideas for nachos.
Most of the Cobb salad ingredients are pretty much at home in a Mexican dish anyway with the exception of the blue cheese. I swapped it out in favor of a good melty cheddar and served this dish with sour cream on the side. It's great party food but the grilled chicken also makes it perfect for lunch or dinner. And it's definitely worthy of a Cinco de Mayo celebration...served with a margarita. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 Servings
Cobb Salad Nachos
Prep time: 15 MCook time: 20 MTotal time: 35 M
Recipe for tortilla chips topped with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, diced tomatoes, avocado and grilled chicken.
- 2 Cups restaurant style tortilla chips
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 2 Slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 Avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 Chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- Spread the tortilla chips out on a large plate or platter.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the tortilla chips and microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese.
- Spread the diced tomatoes and crumbled bacon over the tortilla chips.
- Arrange the sliced chicken and sliced avocado on either side of the platter. Serve with sour cream on the side.
Created using The Recipes Generator