Every year I plan a "house cocktail" for the holidays. I make a big pitcher of it in advance and then just shake off the individual cocktails with ice as guests arrive. Since I'm a big believer in making as much ahead as possible so I can enjoy actually spending time with friends and relatives, it makes sense to do the same with the drinks.
I wanted to make it special with a caramel rimmed glass and, since it's needs to set up anyway, it's perfect for making in advance. To be sure the drink wasn't overly sweet, I used unsweetened cocoa powder and added a shot of strong coffee flavored liqueur and some plain white rum. The "house" cocktail is always a big hit with my guests and we've had more than one occasion where we had to quickly whip up another pitcher. I strongly suspect this will be one of those times. Cheers!
Yield: 2 Servings
Cocoa Caramel Cocktail
Prep time: 10 MinTotal time: 10 Min
Recipe for a rum cocktail flavored with cocoa, caramel and cinnamon.
- 2 oz. Chila 'Orchata Cinnamon Cream Rum
- 2 oz. White rum
- 1 oz. Coffee liqueur
- 1 oz. Caramel liqueur
- 2 Teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz. milk
- Caramel sauce for rimming the glass
- Place a tablespoon or so of caramel sauce in a shallow dish and run the rims of two cocktail glasses through it.
- Refrigerate or freeze for a few minutes to set.
- Add the Chila 'Orchata rum, white rum, coffee liqueur, caramel liqueur, cocoa powder and milk to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake well. Pour into the prepared glasses.
Created using The Recipes Generator
This recipe was sponsored by Chila 'Orchata. Thank you for supporting the products I love and use in my kitchen.