Are you a fan of pumpkin or is it just a seasonal flavor you're happy to see the back of quickly? Personally, I love it. I love all squash, not just pumpkin. But definitely pumpkin, whether sweet or savory.
I roast whole pumpkins and squash but I'm also happy with canned pumpkin as an easy shortcut to add to a variety of dishes including breakfast yogurt. Now's the season where you can find pumpkin flavored yogurts everywhere but my homemade yogurt parfait is healthier and more filling.
I like layering this dish with granola and I make my own simple recipe. Normally I like almonds in it but pumpkin seeds seemed appropriate for this dish. Plus, they're delicious.
The parfait has layers of banana and honey sweetened pumpkin, swirled with plain Greek yogurt for a great tang and mixed with crunchy, nutty granola. It's an ideal autumn breakfast. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 Servings
Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait with Pumpkin Seed Granola
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 30 Min
Recipe for a healthy parfait made with yogurt, pumpkin puree and honey, mixed with homemade pumpkin seed granola.
For the Parfait:
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 Cups plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
For the Granola:
- 2 Cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the granola, mix together the honey, ground cinnamon, salt and canola oil in a large bowl. Add in the rolled oats and pumpkin seeds and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and store in an air-tight jar for up to a week.
- To make the parfait, add the banana, pumpkin puree, 3/4 cup of the Greek yogurt, milk, ground cinnamon and salt to a blender. Puree until smooth. Layer the mixture into two bowls or serving jars with the remaining plain yogurt and the granola.
Created using The Recipes Generator