This cheesecake has so many things going for it. It's no-bake, all or parts can be prepared in advance and the filling is actually yogurt, not cream cheese based. Plus it's absolutely delicious!
What's not to love about a graham cracker crust and a sweet and tart blueberry compote over the top of a cheesecake? But the star of this recipe is the filling because it's labneh, or yogurt cheese. I use full fat Greek yogurt so you still get that wonderful unctuous flavor but it's a fraction of the fat (and calories) of cream cheese.
Not that this treat is intended to be low-cal at all. I just love the lighter, tart flavor of labneh cheese. Not overly sweet, although you can certainly make it sweeter if you prefer, it's a wonderful summer dessert. Add a few sliced strawberries on top and you've got a patriotic theme perfect for the 4th as well. Enjoy!
Yield: 8 Servings
No Bake Blueberry Yogurt Cheesecake
Prep time: 25 MCook time: 5 MTotal time: 30 M
Recipe for a no-bake cheesecake made with Greek yogurt, a graham cracker crust and a blueberry compote topping.
For the Crust:
- 12 Sheets of graham crackers, crushed
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 3 Cups full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
For the Blueberry Compote:
- 1 Pint blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- To make the crust, stir together the melted butter, sugar and salt. Mix in the crushed graham crackers and press into a round or rectangular non-stick tart pan with a collapsible bottom. Use the back of a small measuring cup to press the crust into the sides. Place in the freezer for at least an hour or overnight, to set.
- To make the filling, stir together the yogurt and salt. Place in a cheesecloth-lined fine mesh strainer set over a bowl and let sit on the counter for an hour. Drain the liquid from the bowl and place the whole thing in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to use (the yogurt will be set to a cream cheese consistency), add to the bowl of a stand mixer along with the sugar and lemon juice. You can also do this with a hand mixer. Mix until smooth.
- To make the topping, add the blueberries, lemon juice, water, sugar and salt to a pot and cook on low heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, allow to cool and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight while the yogurt thickens.
- To assemble, pour the sweetened cheese filling into the graham cracker base and return to the freezer for at least half an hour. Place the set cheesecake over a can to allow the sides of the pan to drop off easily. Top with the blueberry compote and serve.
Created using The Recipes Generator