I think we can all agree that the worst part of cooking is the cleaning. So when my good friend, Lauren Keating, told me she was writing a one-pot cookbook, I knew it would be a hit.
Well, the book comes out on March 26th and she gave me a preview copy which I'm now obsessed with. It all looks so good and I'll be cooking from it for a while but she did give me permission to share one recipe with all of you.
The book's 'one-pot' variations include a sheet pan, skillet, Dutch oven or Instant Pot and I knew immediately I had to make the Dutch oven blueberry crisp because it's everything I love. It's great on its own or maybe served over vanilla ice cream. Technically it's listed under the dessert section but I spooned some over plain Greek yogurt which I think should qualify it as breakfast. I'm sure Lauren will agree with me. Click on the link below the recipe to pre-order a copy of this awesome book for yourself.
Blueberry crisp recipe from the book Healthy Eating One-Pot Cookbook by Lauren Keating. Shared with permission of the author.
Yield: 6 Servings
prep time: 10 minscook time: 45 minstotal time: 55 mins
Recipe for a crumble topped blueberry dessert cooked in a Dutch oven.
- 2 Pints fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil *
- * I used melted butter and added a pinch of salt to the berries and the crumble mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the blueberries, honey, corn starch, cinnamon, lemon juice and pinch of salt, if using.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, coconut oil (or butter) and salt, if using. Mix until crumbly.
- Scatter the crumble topping over the berry mixture and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the top is crisp and light golden brown.
Created using The Recipes Generator
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear from you!