For the past few years, lots of us have been spreading avocados on toast and loving it. I do too. But I've actually been spreading hummus on toast my entire life and it's about time this treat gets some recognition.
Hummus is high in plant based protein and fiber as well as healthy fats. But, far more important, it's oh, so creamy delicious. Sabra's hummus has always been my favorite and, sure, it's great to dip carrot sticks into but it's an amazing bread spread and I particularly love the contrast of the hummus with toasted whole grain bread. And, what's breakfast without a perfect jammy egg on top?
I have been on a quest for the perfect level of egg jamminess (is that a word?) which is why, recently, my kitchen was full of little bowls of ice water with a cooked egg in each and a note saying how many minutes each egg was cooked. Totally normal, right? And the answer is 8 minutes if you're serving immediately and 7 minutes if it will sit for a while. You're welcome. Now go spread hummus on toast and don't forget to sprinkle on a little za'atar. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 Servings
Hummus Toast with Perfect Jammy Eggs
prep time: 10 minscook time: 8 minstotal time: 18 mins
Recipe for breakfast toast with hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers and jammy eggs.
- 4 Slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 Cup hummus
- 1 Large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 Seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Eggs
- Za'atar seasoning for topping
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the eggs. Cook for 8 minutes and then place the eggs in ice water to stop the cooking. Once cool enough to handle, peel and slice.
- Combine the diced tomatoes and cucumbers in a bowl and toss with the lemon juice. (I don't add additional salt because the hummus is already salty.)
- Spread the hummus on each slice of bread, top with the diced vegetables and a jammy egg.
- Sprinkle on some za'atar and serve.
Created using The Recipes Generator
This recipe is sponsored by Sabra. Thank you for supporting the products I love and use in my kitchen.
Post a Comment
We'd love to hear from you!