I was on a hunt the other day for some fresh spring peas (I'm pretending it's not still freezing outside) but none of my local grocery stores had them. What I did find was fresh sugar snap peas. Those wouldn't work for the recipe I had in mind but I figured I'd come up with something so I grabbed them.
They look like rounded snow pea pods and, in fact, they're kind of a cross between a snow pea and a regular pea. And, like snow peas, the whole pod can be eaten. Hey, that saved me the trouble of shelling them. I figured everything is great roasted so I drizzled them with olive oil and mixed up a combo of panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and some seasonings.
After about 20 minutes in the oven they were crispy and delicious. And I'm sure they'll make a great vegetable side dish to some meal or other but...um...I kinda just ate them as a snack. Note to self: next time make more. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 Servings
Roasted Parmesan Sugar Snap Peas
Prep time: 10 MCook time: 20 MTotal time: 30 M
Recipe for crispy, oven roasted sugar snap peas with olive oil, cheese and seasoning.
- 2 to 3 Cups sugar snap peas
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 Cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the sugar snap peas in the olive oil.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, dried oregano and salt and toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes, stir with a spatula and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes or until crispy and lightly golden brown.
Created using The Recipes Generator