For most of my life, I stopped craving ice cream after summer was over. But all that changed a number of years ago when I first tasted pumpkin ice cream. There's a small local artisan ice cream shop near my apartment and they put a sign out announcing the flavor. Curiosity eventually got the better of me and I went in and got a scoop. An obsession was born.
Ever since then, I stalked them all through September and October, waiting for the first batch. Sometimes I've found commercial ice cream brands with a seasonal pumpkin flavor but it wasn't as deep and rich as the taste of the local stuff.
I swore that I would eventually break down and get an ice cream maker, if for no other reason than to make the pumpkin ice cream. Well, this year I have an ice cream maker and it's on! And since I can now make it however I want it, I want it as pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. I'm not usually a fan of nuts in my ice cream but I do love the way these praline pecans compliment the flavor as a snack on the side. And, of course, they make a great cocktail snack as well. Enjoy!
Yield: 8 Servings
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream with Praline Pecans
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 30 MinTotal time: 45 Min
Recipe for cheesecake ice cream flavored with pumpkin puree and cinnamon.
For the Ice Cream:
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. Heavy cream
- 8 oz. Whole milk
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
For the Praline Pecans:
- 6 oz. (approx.) Whole pecans
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Big pinch of sea salt
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer instructions.
- To make the pralines, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the pecans in the melted butter until thoroughly coated. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and salt to taste.
- Spread the pecans out, in an even layer, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, stir and continue baking for another 5 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly so that the candy coating sets.
Created using The Recipes Generator