Can we talk about how people think summer is laid back? Um...where does that come from because there is nothing laid back or slow or even reasonably paced about my summer so far? I thought maybe it was just me but my friends have been talking about crazy kid activity schedules or that frantic rush to get extra work done in advance so you can take a vacation. Nope, not feeling the summer relaxation just yet!
So, I'm trying to find a balance for work, play and reasonable dinners. Take out? Not so much. Frozen foods from brands I trust? Yes but I always feel like I want to add something to them like extra vegetables of a salad of some kind.
So the other day I pulled out the DiGiorno Quattro Formaggi pizza. It's probably one of my favorites because I like a thicker crust and also...4 cheeses! Not to mention 100% real cheese and a crispy crust with no preservatives and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. That's pizza love, right there. And since I had the oven on anyway, I put some cauliflower in there to roast as well for a healthy side dish and a balanced plate.
It's no secret that I love tahini and I pureed it with fresh tomato for an extra burst of flavor...and even more nutrition. The meal came together quickly and easily so it's perfect for these crazy busy, not laid back, summer evenings. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 Servings
Roasted Cauliflower with Tomato Greek Yogurt Tahini Sauce
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 35 MinTotal time: 50 Min
Recipe for a roasted cauliflower side dish, served on a bed of tomato flavored tahini sauce.
- 2 Cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tomato Greek Yogurt Tahini Sauce:
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled
- 5 Tablespoons sesame paste
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt (I used 2% fat)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tomato, seeded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then place the pizza next to it, directly on the oven rack (according to package directions) and continue baking for an additional 18 - 20 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining the garlic, sesame paste, water, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and tomato in a blender or small food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pizza and cauliflower are done, spread an equal amount of the sauce on 4 plates and top with the cauliflower and a quarter of the pizza.
Created using The Recipes Generator
This recipe is in collaboration with Balance Your Plate. Thank you for supporting the products I love and use in my kitchen.